week 1

I am not a big fan of film before I started my BA course. I have never touched this field of knowledge before, so all of the things like articles, knowledge and software is new for me and hard to understand all about it immediately.

However, I am fortunately got a chance to be an internship into a VFX company. As I consider it is not only a good way for me to bridge the knowing-practising gap but also a chance for me to be more interested in special effects in movies.

I threw my internship at Conceptual Design Department of PIXOMONDO. During this period, based on a short novel, I was assigned to restore scenes with favourite design forms. In addition to practical operation, I also obtained the knowledge from experienced designers about how to transform a story into magical motion pictures and add my creative thoughts into it with multiple ways, including collecting visual elements and analyzing them. This experience helps me a lot to acquire knowledge about the whole making process of postproduction and now I become more and more interested in VFX.

I hope I could be a good artist in this field and have more chance to attend some fantastic projects in the future. My goals in the coming years are to acquire more knowledge and skills during my graduate period as well as to engage in the field of visual effects, turn my hobby into a career for my long term. Therefore I am looking forward to the next year!   

Here are some artist’s works that I really love.

suka_lazeri
suka_lazeri
chicheng2551
chicheng2551